Monday, October 12, 2015

Uneventful

Things have been pretty uneventful on my end. Not much goes on when you're a fulltime working mother. I was so swamped with work last week that I was sure I was going to have to stay afterwork off the clock on Friday to finish. If there is one thing I'm OCD and crazy about it's time. Time management is one of my specialties. I'm always convinced I may be late to work (never have been), I'm not going to finish my work by the end of the week but it's never happened. I love being able to manage myself. I enjoy the solitude of my position. It allows me to listen to books, music, and documentaries while I slam out the work. I have been listening to Breaking Benjamin religiously. I have always LOVED BB. They're new album is just as good as Dear Agony. But I digress.

Nothing exciting has happened lately. Bobby and I cut Troy's hair this weekend. I'm still a little sad about it. When Troy was born he had jet black hair that wound up falling out and growing back like mine. His hair is/was beautiful. Wavy, soft, thick golden brown locks. He looked like a little surfer baby. But as my mom always used to tell me, "Shannon it's hair, it'll grow back". That was one of the great things about my mom. With tattoos and piercings she was very strict but with hair, there werent many limits. Lord have I had some shitty hair cuts in my life. I hope to be the same type of parent my mother was and still is to me, to Troy. My childhood had many set backs and I often wonder what could have happened if I wasnt adopted but a biological child of my mom. Maybe some things could have been different or never happened.

Thinking about parenting is very hard and is very scary. I don't like to yell at my son and I don't like to tell him no. When he's horsing around when he should be asleep rather then listen to me he just laughs, but with his dad its a completely different story. I dont want to be a push over and I want to do a good job. I dont really have anything else to say right now. Bobby's at school, midterms are coming up and Troy's been asleep for awhile. Blah

No comments:

Post a Comment