Monday, September 28, 2015

Boy oh Boy

Time for an update! It's so funny to see familiar IP's and locations viewing these blog posts. Don't worry I'll feed you baby birds!!

This month has been just like every other. Busy. September has been a big month. Troy turned 1, and I turned 25. Jeeze. I turned 25, when did this happen exactly? I feel like 2 years of my life literally just zipped by. I got pregnant at 23, and gave birth at 23, now all of a sudden I'm 25! What the hell!Didn't do much for my birthday because let's face it, with me and Troy's birthday being 19 days apart, it's about him not me. For my birthday I got 2 tattoos and we went to Red Lobster. I like to joke and say that us going to my "Annual Red Lobster Pity Trip". I love seafood, Bobby not so much. We go once or twice a year. I wasn't impressed with my food to say the least. Bobby didn't like his of course, and Troy couldn't stop eating like normal.

I am in love with my new tattoos though. It's been 5 years since I had gotten any. Overdue is an understatement. The two I got were very special and unique. I got my anniversary in roman numerals on the side of my wrist. It's insane to think we're going on 6 years of MARRIAGE. Anyway, I also got "Is brea liom tu Robert". Is brea liom tu means, "I love you" in Gaelic. I am over 50% Irish, and Bobby is Irish as well. I definitely got my tattoo fix in. I had been itching forever. I still need to design or find something I want to dedicate to Troy. Nothing has clicked for me yet, and I want to make sure whatever piece I get for him is nothing short of amazing.


Bobby has been in college now for about a month. It's crazy how much time is going by. I wish time would please slow down. I'm so proud of him. He's currently working towards a double major and has straight A's in all his classes. He's doing so well and he's truly an inspiration. Those who grew up the way he did can use him as an example that it's not the way you grew up that defines your life, but the decisions you choose to make. Bobby decided to live a different life and walk a path different from everyone he knows and look at him now. He's such an amazing person, and I am in awe of him everyday.

I continue to work at the same company while I get ready for my career choice that I have finally decided on. After many years, much contemplation, and trial and error I've decided what I want to do. I have decided I want to be a Police Officer. That's not necessarily my end goal, that's working for the FBI as a serial killer investigator or profiler, but that's my dream. If I never get to the FBI, I would definitely aim for a homicide detective instead. Being a detective or a profiler have all my strong suites built into one career. I am highly detail oriented, I am tedious, I am a nit picker, I am good at seeing things from a different perspective, and I'm a damn good investigator. There's no getting anything passed me. Plus I love serial killers. It's just perfect for me. So I'm slowly working towards that while Bobby goes to school. Once he's finished he'll be a physical therapist assistant and I'll be a cop. Two careers our son will be proud of us for achieving.

I think I've rambled enough, and I'm sure I filled the drama meter for those baby birds still checking on me after all this time, lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment